Free Public Record Search in United States
This site is a free public record search service to the consumer, helping you get results for your background checks and and people searches. You can Locate People, Check Backgrounds, Find loved ones, old friends all for free. Conduct free asset search, free business checks. Check Corporations, business licenses, professional license. If you need to do free background checks, asset search, criminal record search, and locating people try some of the links to the left to find free resources. Most states you can public record searches for free as long as you do it yourself. There are courts and law enforcement agencies who provide computers and capabilities to research public records for free, usually there are nominal fees for copying however if you don't need to get a copy of the document then all your search is free. Other government organizations charge you a fee if you need a certified report such as a certified criminal check.
Search Public Records Free for Totally Free Background Checks
This is a free consumer site that helps you with free background checks, free asset search, free criminal record search, and locating people. A directory providing you with resources and links to public records. Making it easier to find the information you need.
Yes, if you do all the leg work and find the government source that provides background checks and criminal history checks free of charge, then it won't cost you anything. This site not only provides you with information with running free background checks but you can actually find sources for free background checks. Simply click on Free Background Check link at the top of the page and select the state you would like to get a free background check in, you will find more details and links to free background check resources. Keep in mind in some states for certain reports there are fees. If you prefer to get an instant background check including criminal records online then try some of the online background check services which charge $20 to $50 for an instant background check.
1. Employment background check - most employers run background checks and do employee screening in order to insure integrity of employee performance and and safety and quality of workplace. Employment screening is run as usual part of a job application and offer of employment. The employee screening is governed by FCRA and can only be done with the permission of the applicant or prospective employee.
2. Dating Background - with popularity of the internet communication and dating sites and opportunities many people run background checks to find more details regarding prospective dates and relationships. This helps insure safety as well as provide information such as prior marriages and divorces or other information that could effect interpersonal relationships.
3. Hiring a Nanny - Before bringing a stranger into your home and leaving them with the most important family members such as your children it is wise to run a background check or check for criminal records.
4. Hiring a contractor, dentist, lawyer or others who provide services - It is customary to check references or sometimes check criminal background of those you would like to get into a professional relationship in.
5. Educational reasons - some universities or colleges might want to check into criminal history and background of prospective students in order to insure the safety on campus.
6. Witnesses - legal professionals sometimes need to check the background of witnesses to avoid any problems during the legal process.
7. Applying for a license - whether applying for a childcare licence, professional licenses, to work and take care of elderly a criminal record history check will be run to attest to the character of the person applying and being given license to practice in a responsible capacity.
8. Applying for a Loan - a background check might be run for a loan or mortgage applicant to assess the reliability of repayment of a loan
9. Applying for a rental housing - most landlords run background checks and criminal checks on prospective renters to insure quality renters and avoid delinquencies and problem tenants.
10. Travel - Sometimes when you travel as part of a visa requirement you will be required to provide a criminal record or police clearance.
11. Immigration - as part of immigrating or gaining residency you could be asked for a background check or FBI Record.
Most public records are available via Internet or other sources; though public records are "public", their accessibility is not always simple, free or easy. Also each state could have laws and regulations around public records such as in California:
The New York Freedom of Information Law are a group of laws that guarantee the public access to public records of governmental bodies in New York. First New York public record law was passed in 1974 which was repealed and replaced in1977. New and important amendments added to the law in 1982, 2005, and 2008. A public record is explained as any information kept, held, filed, produced by, with or for an agency or the state legislature, in any physical form whatsoever. This law also covers documents if a promise of confidentiality has been given, when in temporary possession of someone else, or if they have come into possession of the government though they were not originiated by the government.
New York anyone can request public record and there is no requirement to supply a statement of purpose. If the information request or request for a list is for commercial or fund-raising then The New York Freedom of Information Law allows agencies to deny these requests.. However, once records have been obtained there are no restrictions as to how they might be used.